Sail Birmingham is an initiative by Midland Sailing Club to get more people in Birmingham and the surrounding area to be active on the water.
We are an RYA – Royal Yachting Association recognised training centre and are mission is to make sailing accessible and available to everyone in city of Birmingham and surrounding areas through providing a programme of tailor made and specific sailing activities.
Whether you are an intermediate looking to increase your skills or a total beginner we can help you learn through one of our programmes which are based on Edgbaston Reservoir in the centre of Birmingham.
We run programmes of weekly sessions aimed at those with some experience for example our Women on the Water or Discover Watersports sessions, our accessible Sailability sessions or you could bring your school group along for a reward day or see their skills progress through following the Royal Yachting Association’s award scheme. Our water sports run most of the year and provide a great way to get active outdoors in the West Midlands.
Below are our the current activities that we offer:
- RYA Adult Sailing Courses, Level 1, 2, 3
- RYA Adult Windsurf Courses, Start & Intermediate
- RYA Youth Sailing Stages 1 – 4
- RYA Youth Windsurfing Stages 1 – 4
- RYA Start Racing
- RYA Sailing with Spinnakers
- RYA Youth Onboard Club for Sailing & Windsurfing
- Race School for Sailing & Windsurfing
- RYA Women on the Water (WOW), Sailing, Windsurfing & Paddle Boarding
- RYA Discover Watersports Sessions, Sailing, Windsurfing & Paddle Boarding
- Paddle Board Intro Session (1hr)
- Paddle Board Rental (1hr)
- 1-1 Private Lessons (2hr)
- Kids Holiday Club (2.5hr)
For more information please click here to fill out a contact form or phone our Manager on 07894 434 313, but please also note that staff maybe on the water when you call, but leave a message with your number and we will get back to you.